Ever wondered what the perfect Instagram photo looks like?
Well, a group of researchers from the North Carolina State University analysed 147,963 Instagram images to identify how to get the best engagement for organic posts and paid ads.
Thanks to this study we can now apply the following to our next Photoshop session:
• Colour complexity: Less colour = more likes
• Luminance entropy: The more the merrier when it comes to the intensity of brightness
• Unique objects count: Aim for fewer objects in your creative
• Edge density: This is the ratio of edges to non-edges in the picture, we need a balance between the two
• Irregularity of object arrangement: Random visuals is key, more regular visuals will reduce your engagement.
By optimising your creative from the researchers’ feedback, you could increase your engagement by 19%!
What are you waiting for?
Source: Fast Company